Home Travel <strong>The Complete Relocation Guide To Dubai</strong>

The Complete Relocation Guide To Dubai

<strong>The Complete Relocation Guide To Dubai</strong>
The Complete Relocation Guide To Dubai

Moving to a new country is easier said than done, especially if you have a family. Moving to various countries and starting a new life is a time of emotional and physical change that must be handled with care and the right help and guidance from mates, family, and established companies that offer relocation services.

A new way of life means starting from scratch and taking care of things like travel costs, visas, health and medical tests, housing, getting used to the culture, getting a driver’s license, finding the best school for your child, and much more. Employers can help by paying for travel or finding a new living place. However, this helps employers and employees in different ways.

Residence Visa

People from countries other than the GCC who want to live and work in Dubai must apply for an employment visa, a legal document letting foreigners live and work in the UAE. After you arrive, you need to get a health card, a residence permit stamp in your passport, and a labor card if you want to work in the private sector.

A health card is one of the most important things an expat needs to get a residence visa and a work card. This is done by getting a physical exam and blood test to prove they are eligible for low-cost healthcare options in Dubai. There are different kinds of residence visas, such as the Green and Golden visas, and you can choose one based on your work, study, or other needs.

For parents:

Expats in the UAE can get their parents or in-laws a one-year visa that can be renewed. It is important to show that no one in their home country can care for them. The proper paperwork must be shown if the parents are no longer together or if one of them has died.

For the family (wife and kids):

Families of expats who live outside the UAE (wife and children) should apply for an entry residence visa and residence stamps within 60 days of arriving with an entry permit. For the residence visa to stay valid, they can’t leave the UAE for more than six months. There are some exceptions to this rule, though.

For the woman who is paying for her family:

The rules are a little stricter for women who want to sponsor a family. A woman can take care of her husband and children if she has a residence permit. Her job must be in the medical field, like being a doctor, nurse, or another related job, or she must be an engineer and a teacher. Also, her monthly payment has to meet certain requirements. A single mother can sponsor her child, but she may need to give more proof.

For new babies:

Within 120 days of a baby’s birth, their parents or guardians should apply for a residence visa for them.

To maids or nannies:

The sponsor, usually the head of the family, can apply for a residence visa for a maid or babysitter over the age of 18. Men who aren’t married can’t apply to sponsor a maid. Sponsorship is only available for maids from India, Sri Lanka, the Philippines, Egypt, Bangladesh, and Indonesia.

Expats can get two kinds of Residence Visas: Free Zone and Regular. Free Zone visas are given to companies whose offices are in free zones, such as Jebel Ali (JAFZA) or Dubai International Airport (DAFZA). It is important to remember that the free environment sponsors the expat, not the employer.

So, the expat can change jobs within the free zone, giving them many chances to try out new career paths. People who want to work outside of free zones are given regular visas. The sponsor will be the employer, which makes it harder for the expat to try new things.

How to Get a Driving Permit in Dubai

Citizens of key countries with which the UAE has agreed to work can get their licenses through a transfer process instead of going through training. Others can get their Emirati driver’s licenses by taking classes at an approved school. They have to open a traffic file at a driving school that has been approved.

Candidates will have to take a theory test, a road test, and an eye test at a local optician. To get the license, you need the original and a copy of your pass, your home permit, an eye test certificate, your current driving license (original and copy), a passport photo, and a NOC from your sponsor.

Renewal of the license is a quick process that can be done at any branch or mall location of the RTA Traffic Office. Dubai also lets people from other emirates renew their licenses and register their cars there.

TV & Satellite

An expat’s favorite way to have fun and learn about the world is to watch TV. Dubai has several international as well as local satellite channels. There are also a few TV stations that broadcast over the air.

Creating a bank account

Expats can open bank accounts if they have the right documents, like a copy of their passport with a residence stamp, proof of their address, a letter of no objection from their employer or sponsor, and an official ID.

Salary Account: Any expat who works in Dubai must have a salary account. One needs to give the bank a NOC letter from their employer with information about their salary, a valid residence visa stamp, travel document photos, and other basic documents.

Many people who live abroad send some of their money back to their home country. This means you have to open a foreign currency account where the local Dirham is transformed into widely used currencies worldwide, such as dollars and pounds.

Telephone and Internet

The most important service business in Dubai is the telecommunications business. Etisalat was one of the biggest market holders, and until a few years ago, it was the only service provider in the telecommunications industry.

Du and Al Yah Satellite Communications are set up to compete hard with Etisalat. They will do this by offering voice, data, video, and content services through satellite telecom, fixed landlines, voice, data, and video services on their own or in partnership with Etisalat.

Local calls are free in Dubai, and there are many ways to make international calls that aren’t too expensive. Costs for the Internet depend on the speed and the company. Choose the right one based on what you need. Visit the websites of Etisalat or Du to find out more.

How to Obtain a Phone Number:

Getting a mobile number in Dubai doesn’t take much work since you only need a copy of your passport with a residency stamp or proof of residency.

International Calls:

Even though it costs a lot to call other countries from Dubai, there are ways to save money. For example, you can use an international calling card to save up to 90% on international calls. UAE has also given VoIP licenses to local companies like Etisalat, Du, Yahsat, and Thuraya, even though it blocks popular international services like Skype and WhatsApp.

Water and electricity

The Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) gives the emirate of Dubai water and electricity. DEWA has monthly fees for water, electricity, and sewerage. Depending on the type of housing and how it will be used, DEWA will ask tenants to pay a deposit that they can get back. In Dubai, air conditioning is usually provided by a cold water system piped into the home. The cost of this system is usually included in the electricity bill.


Dubai is the most expensive place to buy a home, and the luxury ceiling shows off a wide range of high-end apartments and villas. Foreigners have been able to own property in Dubai with freehold titles in certain areas since 2006. There are no special rules about selling or renting out the property.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here