Requirements to acquire Poland work permit
The employer is responsible for this, must provide the necessary documents to acquire a work permit on behalf of a foreign employee. These documents include:
- A completed application form
- Proof of the paid application fees
- Current records of the employer’s economic activity
- Proof of applicants health insurance
- A deed for the company
- Copies with relevant travel information on the applicant’s passport pages
- A copy of a statement regarding profits or losses sustained by the employer
- Confirmation and evidence of the legal status of the employer from the National Court Register
- A copy of a contract following the service being provided in Poland
For Employees :
You will need to provide the fellowing for your employer
in most cases it depends on what your Employer request from you to provide.
The employer has to apply for a work permit on your behalf. Let‘s assume that you have found an employer willing to hire you and that your stay is legalized (either on a visa you have obtained or on a residence permit).
Your potential employer must fill out a work permit application containing the name of the company you are recruiting and your future job description within this company to get a work permit.
If you have succeeded in getting a job offer in Poland, then your employer has to apply for a work permit on your behalf.
Take Note of this: Employees should be informed that their work permits are only valid for employment with the company that applied for them. If they decide to change jobs, their new employer will have to file for further permission.
Your employer is legally obliged to:
- Give you the employment contract in writing
- Provide you with a translation of the employment contract in your preferred language
- Check the validity and make a copy of your residence permit or visa
- Notify social security and health insurance institutions within seven days after the employment contract is signed, which gives you access to free healthcare, sickness leave, and other social benefits.
The processing time to get approved for the work permit might take between 2 to 3 months
After receiving the work permit from your Employer than you can apply for a Type D national Visa.
Where to apply?
Applications should be made in person at: The Consular Section of the Embassy of the Republic of Poland in your country of resident
Do I have to apply in person?
Visa application form must be submitted in person. Diplomatic mission does not accept application forms sent via fax, regular mail or e-mail
How to book an appointment?
In order to apply for a visa, please book your appointment via the e-konsulat system.
Remember to apply for a visa not later than two weeks before the planned departure.
Visits at the Consular Section in order to apply for national visa for employment require the following steps:
1. Visit: https://secure.e-konsulat.gov.pl/ .
You should click the first letter that starts the country you are apply from . For Example am in Turkey. i will click letter T
2. Select the type of visa: – national visa – Register Form
3. Accept the general terms and conditions of the procedure.
4. Enter and save a preliminary visa application. Remember that the data entered in the application must be the same as the data in your documents.
5. You will receive a request to confirm the preliminary application to the e-mail address provided. You have to confirm your application within 48 hours.
6. After you confirm the preliminary application, your data will be verified. You will receive information on the results via e-mail. Positive result of verification entitles you to complete the full visa application within the next 48 hours. If the application is not completed within this time, your booking will be cancelled and the data removed from the system.
7. If there are more correctly verified applications for a given consulate than the available visit dates in a given period, the date of appointment will be assigned via an electronic draw.
8. After your application has been drawn, we will send information about the date of the visit to the e-mail address provided by you. Other applications will take part in subsequent draws until they are drawn or until the expiry of the document entitling you to work in Poland.
9. After having received the confirmation email with the specific appointment date, the printed and signed application along with all the required documents must be submitted personally on the day indicated by the system.
Registration a visa application for a different purpose than indicated in the selected type of a visa/registration section, making substantial changes in the visa application after completing the registration will cause a visa application rejection. Please register visa applications carefully and with proper attention
Do you want to work in Poland? Seek the right guidance from us Contact form
What documents do I need to submit For visa Application after receiving work permit from poland?
1. A visa application form filled via the e-konsulat system, printed and signed;
2. A 3.5 x 4.5 cm colour photo. The photo must be:
a. sharp, taken against white background and printed on a quality paper,
b. newer than 6 months,
c. taken en face, clearly showing the eyes and face on both sides from the top of the head to the top of the shoulders with the face covering 70-80% of the photo. The photo must be taken without any headwear.
3. Passport issued within last ten years, valid for at least three months from the expected return date, with at least two blank pages for visas.
4. A copy of the passport page with personal data and the photo.
5. Healthcare insurance valid across the European Union for the amount not lower than EUR 30,000. Information of the Minister of Foreign Affairs about the insurers and the insurances that they offer, which meet the necessary conditions referred to in Article 25 (1) (2) (a) and Article 25 (1b) of the Act of 12 December 2013 on Foreigners is available on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
6. A copy of an ID document to confirm legal residence within the consular district of your application.
7. Proof that you have enough means of subsistence in the form decided by the mission.
8. A proof of accommodation (for example, an official invitation or a hotel booking or reservation).
9. Documents confirming the purpose of your stay Poland (below)
10. The original Work Permit with a copy and employment contract from Poland.
11. Round trip flight reservation with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Poland.
12. The current bank account statement stamped and signed by the bank (for the last 3 months).
13. A current reference letter from the employer you currently work with, with salary certificate. The certificate of employment must specify the date of recruitment, position in the company and salary .
14. Self-employed should produce evidence of registration of your business , trade license and the latest bank statement is to be attached.
15.Work experience certificate or CV
16. Police clearance certificate
Additionally, when applying for a visa for a minor you should present:
- Written consent of the child’s/minor’s parent(s) to apply for a visa, confirmed by a notary. If there is only one guardian, it should be proved by a birth certificate, a court decision on exclusive parental custody or a death certificate of the other parent.
- Originals and copies of parents’ passports.
- An original and a copy of a birth certificate.
If the child is entered in the parent’s or legal guardian’s passport, please submit a separate visa application. The visa will be pasted into the parent’s or the legal guardian’s passport.
What is the waiting time for the visa?
The decision on the issue of a visa is made within 15 working days from the payment date of application fee